It’s no secret that planning an international move can be a huge undertaking, and requires quite a bit of organization and forethought in order for it to be successful. So, if you are moving internationally to or from Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax or anywhere in Northern Virginia, think of Manassas Transfer as your go-to international mover for the entire Washington Metropolitan Area. We are a family-owned and operated business and have more than 50 years of experience in moving the families and businesses of Northern Virginia with professionalism and care.
We Personalize Service for Your Overseas Move
International moves present a unique set of challenges not present when conducting other types of moves. Whether it’s needing help with customs paperwork, language training or getting accustomed to the culture of your destination, preparing for an international move presents you with a lot of new information to take in, and Manassas Transfer is here to help. When you move internationally with Manassas Transfer, you get a personalized moving plan designed to simplify your move, and our expertly-trained staff will be there every step of the way to answer any questions and handle special requests you may have.
International Moving Agents – We Can Move You Anywhere in the World
Manassas Transfer is an interstate agent for Bekins Van Lines, Inc., a global leader in international moves. Through more than 130 years of experience in the moving and storage industry, Bekins has earned its reputation as a world-class mover, with a world-class staff.
Through our partnership with Bekins, we are able to offer our customers the benefits that come from a larger national van line, but with the personalized hometown touch of a local Northern Virginia moving company. Bekins has more than 350 partners throughout the world.
Have a Stress-Free International Move
So whether you are moving from Manassas to London or Warrenton to Paris, choose a reputable Northern Virginia mover that is dedicated to delivering exceptional service on every move, and getting you and your belongings to your new destination safely and efficiently; that’s Manassas Transfer. For more information on our international moving services in Northern Virginia, call us at (703) 368-6055 or fill out the form on this page to get a free quote.
How to Pack for an International Move
Considering a move abroad? Gathering your belongings and planning for an international move doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Using the following list will help get you organized and ensure that you’re ready for an overseas move.
- Make a list and sort things that you need to take, leave behind or buy.
- Sell or donate to charity items that you do not need or cannot take.
- Buy things that will be unavailable or are less expensive in your home country.
- Pick up or return items such as dry cleaning and library books.
- Arrange for air or sea transport of belongings that cannot be personally transported.
- Utilize carry-on and checked luggage for clothing, personal hygiene products and jewelry.
- Pack light and consider the climate. There is no need for sweaters in a tropical climate!
- Buy traveler’s checks or withdraw enough cash to last you until you are settled again.
- Remember to bring essentials such as your glasses and prescription medications.
- Have important documents such as your ID, passport and boarding passes readily available.